Sunday, January 30, 2011

Wonderful weekend

I had such a great, great weekend that was jam-packed with plans, people, and fun.  Saturday I had a sweet girl date with my friend Anita and had the best time.  We left both of our babies at home with their grandparents, and it was basically the first time I'd really done that. It was nerve-wracking but also fun to be able to go do something on my own outside of a quick run to the gym or the store. It was a great night- so much girl talk, so much good food...and cupcakes too!  We ate at Joe's Farm Grill- I got a chicken sandwich and fries, delicious- and followed it up with sweets from the bakery next door. I adore Anita and it was immeasurably fun to actually spend time with her. I can't wait to do it again!

When I got home Henry and I fell asleep around 8:30pm and slept the night away. He woke up once but for the most part sleep really well and I felt great on Sunday morning. I had a full day planned today so I was really grateful he didn't pick last night to end his amazing sleeping streak. We're at my parents, so I thought it could happen being in a different environment, but nope! Thank you sweet Henry! So we got up this morning, got ready, and I headed over to Shirley and Nate's for a girl's/bridesmaids brunch, followed by shopping. My parents graciously agreed to watch H. so of course I was excited to go spend the afternoon with my ladies. These girls are some of my oldest and dearest friends, and it's always always a good time, filled with laughter and silliness.

So we brunched and chatted for awhile, and then we all headed to Chandler Mall to check out some of the shops in the hopes of finding black bridesmaids dresses. The last time I went to the mall with five other girls I think I was 16, so I had to stop and kind of smile to myself as I watched all of us walk into Nordstrom together. So funny. We walked around and visited different stores (hello J. Crew, I adore you and so wish we had one closer), and then Emily suggested we look in White House Black Market.  Lo and behold, we found the dress!  It's the perfect black dress- it has a classic, vintage look to it and we will absolutely we able to wear it again. Pretty awesome as far as a dress goes, and really, really awesome that we get to wear it as a bridesmaids dress. We all purchased it right then and there and it's nice to have this detail out of the way. Now, onto finding Shirley's dress!

So yes, the afternoon was really lovely. I've said it before and I say it again- I feel incredibly lucky to have so many wonderful, positive girlfriends in my life. My heart is incredibly happy today, from my dinner with Anita to today's festivities. I'm looking forward to all that is to come in the next few months, and especially for my sister's wedding, which is on March 12th- so soon! Her bachelorette party is next weekend too, and although I am forgoing the barhopping, I am joining the ladies for dinner. I can't wait. It's funny because while I was pregnant we laid so low- even this blog reflected that. Lots of quiet weekends at home, not much hanging out...but now I feel like we're back into the swing of things and I'm having just so much fun. I think Henry has been enjoying meeting so many people too, and I love that he is such an easy baby in terms of traveling and being in new environments. He never ceases to amaze me, that boy.

I need to get to sleep now in sweet anticipation of going home to Hank tomorrow (he had class all day Saturday) but I'll leave you with some photos from the weekend. Happy, happy Monday and have a wonderful start to your week!

in my sister's old bedroom, getting ready to head out to dinner- don't know why this photo is so red-tinted!
Saturday night

Anita and me
Anita and  me <3

birthday cake cupcake. This was so.good.
birthday cake cupcake! soo good

Anita!
Anita


Sunday morning, getting ready for brunch
Sunday morning, heading to brunch

H for my Henrys :)
H for my Henrys

the bride-to-be/hostess with the mostess. Love Shirley so, so much.
Shirley, bride to be!

Shirl's sister Erica and Autumn!
Erica and Autumn

yummy apple spice muffins Emily made...I wish I had one right now.
brunch at Shirl and Nate's

quiche, fruit salad, muffins, mimosas, and coffee.
delish

Em and me- and Maxon in her belly! Cutest pregnant gal ever.
my dear friend Em and me (and Maxon in her belly!)

the bride and her bridesmaids, minus two!
the bride and bridesmaids


the shop

the dress
the dress

<3

Erin, Autumn, me

Erin's excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment