Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday links to love!


Happy, happy Friday! I think I mentioned it the other day, but Hank finally put photoshop on my computer so I've been playing with it like a maniac (hence the photo above, and the million more photos that I'm sure will appear here to announce features and posts and probably even what day it is). ha. But really, it's so fun! I can't wait to get really great at it. I used it a lot when I was younger but alas, I don't remember too much. Luckily Hank is really good, so he can refresh my memory. Regardless, I wanted to share my little weekly round up of links with all of you. But first, some random thoughts:

I FINALLY got around to watching Skins (UK version). Weeks ago I attempted, and didn't like it, but the other day Henry was on a long nap so I stuck with it and ended up falling in love. I finished all of season one and I'm one episode into season two. I am so in love with Cassie and Sid! I also got a chance to watch some of the US version and although I am a Skins newbie, I can already tell that our version is a sad, horrible rip off. Do not want. I'm realizing though that I kind of really like British television. There's just something about it- it's a lot more...real? I don't even know. But a couple years ago I got obsessed with Footballer's Wives and watched every episode. Skins has that same feel to it, so I'm thinking it must be something with the television programs over there.


I feel like I am bursting out of the seams with ideas and inspiration. It's almost as if I'm back to my "old" self before being pregnant. And not like pregnancy made me less myself, but now I feel just more alive and happier than ever. Hard to explain so I'll probably just stop here. I do think it has something to do with the impending warmer season...I'm so excited and I can't help but feel beyond optimistic for all to come.

I went thrifting! And I LOVED it! For those who know me well, you know what a big deal this is. I've been grossed out by thrift stores for a long time now (much to my own dismay) and although some of my favorite dresses are either thrift finds or vintage, I always got weird about it. But, my dear and sweet friend Adie took me, and I had the best time! I found an adorable little something for a friend, and an amazing handbag too. It shocks me to say this, but I can't wait to go again!

And last thought- speaking of Adie, we are starting a ladies craft night as soon as The Bachelor is over. Yes, we are THAT cool and plan our evenings around a tv show. Hello, it's the Bachelor (and Emily better win). But anyway, since I've become a Mom I feel like all I ever want to do is craft and make things, it's wonderful. So we're getting together some awesome gals to come over to my house for an evening of good food, friendship, and creating! Exciting.

And now...on to the links! Enjoy.

This week I was featured on a few blogs, so definitely check those out: I shared a post during Jamie's love week, the sweet Nirvana featured me in a fitness post, my crockpot chili was on the darling Ali's blog, and I did a Mama Style feature on James' blog! I've been quite the busy little blogger.

I love a lot of the detail in this gender-neutral baby shower!

The sweet Kelly Ann sent me this video. "Oh Henry." I love it so much.

Now that I'm a mommy, I know what an amazing gift it is to have a child. A lovely lady by the name of Angela (and her husband) are having an adoption auction to raise funds to adopt from Taiwan. The auction ends tonight at 9pm Eastern time, so hop on over if you have a moment. And good luck Angela and family!

Loved this article about co-sleeping to crib and making the transition.

I never thought a wreath made out of paper cups could look so good!

I am OBSESSED with this cake! I want to make one tomorrow, just because. Such a cute idea.

This artist's reason for "making stuff" is awesome.

Liz posted her DIY jewelery organizer! Super cute.

I've been looking for a cute recipe box and cards for awhile now, and I am loving this one!

I swear to god I reblog EVERYTHING Jess posts on her Tumblr. So good.

My new blog pal Cassie is having an awesome giveaway for a great cause. Check it out.

I am such a sucker for a cute peter pan collar, and Diana kind of hit the jackpot!

I am loving this round up of floral art.

My pal Marcella threw her daughter the sweetest 1st birthday ever! You definitely need to take a peek.

No-fry, homemade churros? Oh my god. I need them, now.

I love playlists, and I especially love playlists entitled "Music for a Slow and Cloudy Day."

So. If I was to get married again, I would totally enter this giveaway on my friend Melissa's blog. It almost seems too good to be true...but amazingly, it's not! Engaged people, go enter!

Oooh, two of my favorite ladies coming together- I love it!

And finally: blood orange olive oil cake. Doesn't that just sound enticing?

Have a great weekend everyone! Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment