Wednesday, February 16, 2011

How to: Milkmaid braids

for tonight's blog

After I posted a picture of my hairstyle today on twitter, a tutorial was requested by a handful of people! I'm sure that a milkmaid braid tutorial has been done a hundred times...but I figured, why not? Why wouldn't my readers want to see an almost five-minute long video of me braiding my hair? hahah. But really, the video is kind of long but I didn't have time to make another condensed version or figure out how to speed it up.  So what you see is what you get! ;)

But anyway, happy braiding! This is the easiest hairstyle ever, and looks good on just about anyone. A few tips: I think the key to nice, thick looking braids in any style is to loosen them up as demonstrated in the video. Also, at the end, don't be concerned if hair is sticking up or out- tuck and pin is my motto! Don't be afraid to use bobby pins. A messier look is better with this hairstyle, so perfection is not what you are aiming for. You don't have to have a perfect part or symmetrical braids. And one last thing- dirty hair works best! My favorite kind of hair. haha. Enjoy!


*song is "Sweepstakes Prize" by Mirah.

No comments:

Post a Comment