Friday, August 20, 2010

Hello Friday!

Thanks so, so much for all of your kind words and positive thoughts about our inspection! It went very well and we are good to go. Now we just have a termite inspection on Monday and we are hopefully off and running towards our closing date. Like I mentioned in yesterday's post I hadn't even seen the entire house, and we hadn't seen it for a month or two since our first and only visit, so it was fantastic to be able to walk through it, and imagine US living in every room. It's a lot bigger space than we're used to, so it's almost shocking to think about having all of that room to make our own! I can't wait. I didn't want to take tons of photos until it's cleared out and ready to move in and it's actually ours, but I did snap a photo of part of the kitchen. I'm so weird and still feel like all of a sudden the bank will say, "Oh just kidding we DON'T accept your offer!" even though we are past that part and safe. I hate worrying but it's hard when you are so excited about something!



I just keep imagining all of the wonderful meals, sweets and treats we will be cooking in that great space. Hank and I are so excited to have our friends over for dinner (we'll finally have a proper dining room), and all of the holiday baking I'll have space to do. To give you a bit of a comparison, here is our teeny, tiny kitchen now:

our little kitchen!

Yes, that little green counter top is seriously the ONLY counter space we currently have. As you probably know, we cook and bake a lot and somehow make it work, but I am just over the moon happy about having so much more space to work with. Like I said yesterday, this is our "first home," in the sense of being homeowners, so it's a big deal for us and I'm glad we were so patient. I know I won't feel 110% secure that this is truly OUR house until we have the keys in our hand on our closing date, but unless something insane happens (ie, termites eating the house alive), I'm getting more used to the idea. :) It's just hard for me to think anything is definite until the process is truly done and over with. It's funny because our realtor today was like, "Yes, Danielle it's okay to get excited now" because she knows how cautious I am. Still crossing my fingers and looking forward to the day I can just sit in the new place and breath a sigh of relief! ...and then get straight to work getting the house together before Henry arrives! haha. But really, thank you again for all of the positive energy! I definitely think it helped.

It's amazing right now because in the blog world there are so many wonderful things happening for so many of my friends. One had a baby today, one announced her pregnancy, one found a great new place to rent, another is engaged, and another is starting a new career! That's one of the reasons I just love reading personal blogs- there's always so much good to share in, and at the same time when there's some bad, there's always a great support system. It's a beautiful little world we have here.

With that said, I hope all of you have a wonderful night! I'm excited for an extremely laid back weekend full of rest and relaxation. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment