Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tattoo Tuesday V.59


Name/blog name: Erin, http://erinnnnnnnnnn.tumblr.com/

Age: 21

Occupation: Admin assistant/ a graphic designer’s assistant

Age of first tattoo: 18

Favorite tattoo: The top half of my arm which are roses. It was my first big piece so finding someone who could convey exactly what i wanted was something i was looking for in an artist, and i found her! She did a wonderful job and continues to do great work on me.


Featured tattoo/location: Right thigh, Pin up girl who i call "lady luck".

Artist/shop/location of featured tattoo: Tiffany Thornton at Planet Ink in Ottawa, Ontario Canada.



1) Tell us about your featured tattoo- is there a background story or special meaning? Why did you choose this particular piece of art?

Lady luck doesn't have a whole lot of meaning but I've always wanted a pin up girl, and I've always been told that "you've got luck on your side" so that's what made me think of the idea. I just went to Tiffany and said "Hey, here are a few ideas... run with it, do whatever you want". I let my artist do her thing, and I trust her with anything.


2) Do you have any other tattoos?

I do! I have:
pocket watch(right arm)
snake(right arm)
Dita von teese portrait( left thigh)
Anchor (right foot)
heart locket (right foot)
Dilligaf on the left side of my ribs
"Bring me your love" (inner left arm)
"Finish Strong" on the back of my neck



 
 

3) Do you plan on getting more? 

Absolutely! I have an idea already in the works!


4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)? Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them?

When I first started getting tattooed, I think what my family was worried about was that I may end up with bad work, but now they see the work being produced and are okay with my choices. I work in a pretty easy going environment and before my job now I worked in a kid's section of a book store, and they allowed me to wear short sleeves. So I've been pretty lucky with being able to be myself without having to cover anything up. Although, depending on where i go in town, i do get a bit of negativity, but mostly people are just interested and will ask questions.




5) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?

I say go for it and I'm not being biased either. You only live once, so if you want something, do your research and find an artist that fits for what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment