Saturday, March 21, 2009

almost over

What a spring break! I am heading to sleep early, even though this is kind of my last night of vacation. I am so exhausted! This weekend has been wonderful. Last night we celebrated Zoe's (and Nick's) birthday with a vegan pizza party and then went to see "I Love You Man," which was so delightful! I laughed almost the whole way through and I am usually not a huge fan of comedy movies. Afterwards we all went back to the O'Hagans and hung out, it was such a fun night. Annnd, today was such a lovely day too! Since I didn't get to sleep until very late Friday night I ended up sleeping in until 10am or so (yuck) this morning and then went out to Tempe to hang out with Sarah. Our original plan was to eat lunch at Green, but with Rural's closing we chose Pita Jungle instead. I got my usual Macro Platter and it was delicious and it was so so nice to spend time with one of my closest friends. She warms my heart and I am still basking in the little afterglow of seeing her, funny as it sounds! Afterwards I headed over to Erin's and we had a little bbq for her parents, so I got to spend time with more great friends. We hung out and of course ended up playing Catch Phrase. I was going to hang out with Shirley tonight after the bbq but she had to push our plans until tomorrow so that's one more thing to look forward to! I am just feeling so thankful for my friends and all of their wonderfulness... it's been an amazing weekend thanks to them!

I am really happy right now because I feel like I am actually following through with the changes I wanted to make about myself. It's really just the beginning of that journey to bettering myself in a positive way, but I have made a lot of headway and I feel really satisfied with my progress. It's a good feeling to recognize an area of improvement and then actually feel yourself moving forward.

Tomorrow is one of my favorite days when I am in Mesa because I do an early gym with my parents and sis, then go to coffee (I drink water, I can't stand coffee or caffiene in general) and we go food shopping at Whole Foods, Sprouts, and Trader Joe's. Yes, my parents insist on going to all three places because there are things they need at each place. My Mom is THE healthiest eater I have ever known and she makes all kinds of natural concoctions so she buys a lot of specialty items at each place. She is a huge reason/inspiration why I eat the way I do, and I really enjoy going with them and getting new ideas for meals and what not.

So, back to work I go on Monday. I am actually looking forward to it, which is a weird feeling. I miss my work girls a lot and I am looking forward to catching up with them, and seeing my kids! It's funny, but I do miss them.

And for now, sweet dreaming time...

No comments:

Post a Comment