Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday, Monday

What a day! It's always hard to come back to work after a relaxing weekend. Anyhow, I have two and a half more days until ten paid days off. Hank is so cute and literally counting down the minutes with me until we start our vacation. He is taking a full load of classes this semester so he needs the break more than I do.

Lately I have really been thinking about my friendships with people. I have had the same best friends for a long, long time. I have a really bad habit of being really great at staying in touch, and then I drift away, come back, drift away. Whenever things get busy I tend to be very bad at prioritizing my friends and family into my life. I am finally accepting this flaw about myself and working really hard to change it. Most people don't see it because I'm typically so happy, but I do struggle with depression. When I start to feel sad, the first thing I do is push everyone away, which makes everything ten times worse. One of my closest friends, actually she's more like a sister, helped me come to this realization recently. It's so hard to accept negative things about yourself but it's time I move forward with becoming a better person. It's exciting to be making these positive changes and I am so happy to be at this place. And okay, that's kind of heavy for this blog but for the sake of honesty I'll leave it.

On that note, I am really happy with myself because I have been running outside a lot more than usual this past week. I workout about six days a week, but most of it is in the gym. Over the past three weeks or so I have been working out outside more often than not and I feel so much happier. I need the sunshine to keep my positivity up, and besides doing the same cardio machines is not productive whatsoever. The only thing I wish I had was another person who was crazy like me and wanted to work out at 5am. I miss living with Autumn and Shirley for so many years because they loved to workout just as much as I do and I always had someone to go with. I definitely don't like talking while I workout but it is nice to arrive/leave with a friend so you can motivate each other.

Tonight has been a really quiet night at home. Hank and I hung out and watched Dancing With the Stars and bascially just relaxed. It's gettting late now and I am going to head to bed in just a moment. Tomorrow my kids are working on vocabulary and taking a quiz, and then we have our Tea Club meeting right after school. Here's to a positive Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment