Sunday, August 9, 2009

Night before School

Tonight is my official last night of summer and in a way, I couldn't be happier! I loved this summer- it was full of many wonderful trips and amazing memories. But as much as I loved it, I am really excited for this year. I have no idea what it will bring, but I am ready for it! I spent today in my classroom, doing my seating charts and making copies. Luckily Jenn was there too so it was a fun afternoon. I feel very blessed to work with Jennifer. She is one of my closest friends, and our classrooms are right next door to each other! It's ideal- we started at the high school at the same time, and even met on the first day of orientation when we sat next to each other on the bus over to our training session. It's awesome to be able to work with not just her, but a few other ladies who have become great friends of mine over the past five years at the high school. It's great to look forward to work everyday!

I have the next month or so planned out in my classroom, so I don't have much to worry about other than getting to know my new kids. I wouldn't say I'm nervous, but it's a weird feeling to know that tomorrow I will have 150 new little 15 year-old kiddos staring at me, us knowing nothing about one another. Once I get comfortable with my classes its wonderful and never awkward, but put yourself in my shoes on that first day and imagine how odd that is! Eek.

Hank is still on tour, and played a fest last night in Half Moon Bay, which is outside of San Francisco. Tonight they're going to Portland maybe? I always forget. Regardless, he'll be home in a couple of weeks, yahoo! I miss him terribly.

This week should be awesome. I have spinning and yoga classes this week that I am super pumped about. As for now, I'm off to prepare my food for the week! During the school year I always pack my food and will prepare it on Sunday evenings, and put it into little tupperware containers I can put into my lunch. Tonight I am making quinoa tabouli, hummus, fruit salad, and veggie soup. It's a lot of work for one evening, but then I don't have to worry about it for a whole week and I can be assured I have a healthy, homemade lunch everyday.

Well, I hope all of you have an awesome Sunday evening!

in my classroom today- don't mind my weird hairdo! ;)
in my classroom on a Sunday!

some awesome vintage READ posters I found in the back of my closet! Very cool.
awesome vintage "Read" posters!

No comments:

Post a Comment