Sunday, August 16, 2009

Weekend rundown

I had an absolutely amazing weekend. I arrived in Phoenix early Saturday morning and hung around with my post-op Mama while she lounged around, recuperating from her surgery. It was so nice to just relax and have a slow, slow morning. I worked out in their gym, then headed over to see Rhonda so she could color my hair back to the pretty dark brown I love so much. After my hair appointment, I came back to my parents' and we ordered a pizza and watched "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas." My goodness it was a horribly sad movie but so incredibly beautiful at the same time. I thought the writing was just excellent, and it was so interesting to see the Holocaust from a child's point of view. I definitely recommend it, just be sure you have plenty of tissues handy.

Originally I was just going to stay home with my parents the whole weekend, but after the movie I decided to join my sister Lauren and our dear friend Kelli for a girls night, out in Tempe. Kell's sister Jamie and my friend Erin joined us, and it turned into such a fun night. We started the night at Kelli's house, went down to Casey's, and ended up dancing at Tavern and then eating burritos at 3am. I am definitely tired today but it was totally worth it. I feel so lucky that my sister is my best friend and we share the same interests, and most of the same friends. I feel very blessed to have such a wonderful relationship in my life!

This morning I woke up pretty late and ate breakfast with my Mom, then headed out to shop for a bit. I found some really cute fall items that I'm really excited about. I came home, ate lunch and headed back up here to Prescott. My parents stocked me up with stuff from Whole Foods, Trader Joes, and Costco which I am so thankful for. Every weekend I come down I feel like its Christmas for my pantry and I love it!

So right now it's about 8:30 and I am going to try and be asleep around 10pm or so. I went to bed so late last night that I'm a little concerned that I messed up my normal schedule but we'll see. Tomorrow my kids will be presenting their "All About Me" projects so it's a super easy day for me, because they're the ones doing all the work! It's actually one of my favorite days because I love seeing what these kids are all about and it's also interesting to see how they present themselves to the class.

This is going to be a good week! Hank is playing Las Vegas tonight, San Diego tomorrow, and should be home very early Tuesday morning! I can't wait.

I'll leave you with some photos from the weekend, I hope you all have a lovely Monday. :)

getting ready to go out
:)

Laur and me!
sisters 2!

playing Apples to Apples at Kelli and Jamie's
Apples to Apples!

Kelli and me :)

Lauren

beautiful Kelli

me

I'm looking a little tired here but I still like this photo of Laur :)
ML

sisters!
sisters!

Kelli's awesome new tattoo- awesomely swollen too!
Kelli's brand new, very swollen teapot!

ladybugs

ready for a fun night

heading to Mill

love these girls!
love these girls so much!

"You have your BUTT tattooed?!"
Lauren's back

Erin and Laur
Erin and Laur

Jamie and Lauren <3
so cute

K and J
sister sister!

Erin and Kelli
Erin and Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment