Monday, August 17, 2009

post-gym


post late-night gym, originally uploaded by daniellehampton.

Don't you LOVE when you really, really don't want to go to the gym but then make yourself go? It's the BEST feeling afterward. I didn't feel like going at all tonight but I forced myself to do my workout rather than push it to tomorrow, and I am really proud of myself. I workout about 6 days a week, and I do it mainly for the mental/emotional effects. Obviously it's nice to be in shape and look good, and that is also very important to me, but I swear, if I didn't workout regularly I would be an insane person. Exercising definitely keeps me sane and I love it. I was such a competitive athlete when I was younger and all through high school that it is completely ingrained in me to do it everyday thank goodness. I grew up watching my mom in aerobics and my dad doing insane workouts so it's all I've known. I try to mix my workouts up a lot, between classes (spinning, yoga, pilates) and traditional cardio machines (I'll usually do 45 minutes to an hour of cardio when I am at the gym). I avoid running long distances now because it hurts my knees, but I can comfortably do about 5-6 miles. That's it though. My most favorite thing to do though is weight train. I do a 3 day split with one day off, so I work each body part twice on a good week. Do you like to workout? What is your weekly routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment