Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thursday, which is my Friday!


Thursday night, originally uploaded by daniellehampton.

I'm currently sitting in our living room, and the most perfect breeze is drifting through our windows, out of it I can see kids on bikes, and a woman walking her dog downtown, and I can hear Addison messing around on his guitar in the other room. It's a beautiful day. I've been filling up my time lately with too much stuff, too many to-dos, too many appointments, and it's so nice to just sit here drinking my tea, catching up on emails, and listening to good music.

Fall always fills me up with so much inspiration. I've been writing more, reading more, and feeling a lot more energized. This is my favorite season, I wait for it all year, and every year I feel the same way. I love it. We have a lot of friends coming in the next couple of months and I am so excited. I love Prescott more than any place in the world (that I've visited), excluding Vermont, the Jersey shore, and Hawaii...although I would say those places are all tied...so I love having visitors come to our beautiful town. It's so funny, when I first moved up here about four years ago I hated it. I hated that I was so far away from all of my friends, I hated that outside of vintage/antique stores there was no place to shop, I hated being far from my family. BUT over the past years I have grown to love this place so much. I see my family at least two weekends out of every month, my best friends visit me often and I visit them, and I've saved so much money not having shopping just miles away. I love living in a small town. I grew up in a town just like this one, perhaps even a little smaller- Jackson, NJ. I had a very idyllic childhood and loved growing up in such a small place. Prescott is the same way, and I am looking forward to raising our family here. I wish I could show all of you have beautiful our town is. I post a lot of photos, but it doesn't do it justice. One day I will have to go on a photographic mission to document the beauty of this small town and I'll post them here. Small town living. I love it. I love going to the same restaurants where they know our names and know what we order. I love living in the heart of downtown and seeing at least five people I know everytime we go out. I love that Hank's family has been here for generations and generations. I love walking everywhere. I love it all. So it's exciting to me to realize that my disdain for what I thought was a horrible, boring place has grown into this great appreciation for the place I know call home, and the place we will always call our home!

Well, that's it for now. I need to get back to cleaning. I just took this photo while I was taking a break from cleaning the baseboards in our bedroom. The only thing we've set up in the bedroom so far is our bed, so it's pretty empty in here but I hate clutter so it's nice. I'm heading to the gym in a bit and then down to Phoenix...or coming home and heading down in the morning! Happy Thursday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment