Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I'm here, I'm alive!

Monday

I always told myself I would never apologize for a lack of blogging, but now that my number of followers has grown so much, both on the friend connect and via Google Reader, I feel almost a sense of responsibility. I've gotten quite a few very sweet, concerned emails from my readers asking me if I was okay, where I've been, etc. I can assure you that all is well in the Hampton house- better than well, even! I can't get into it quite yet, but just know that I've been very busy and haven't had the easiest time finding time to sit down and blog about everything going on! Soon, though. I've missed blogging everyday though, and I'm excited to get back into the swing of things in the next few weeks. So to those people that wrote or commented, thank you so much for caring and being so kind. I promise I'm not going anywhere!

This past weekend was such a great one. I need to upload some photos from Amber Joy's tattoo session when I get a moment, but it went so well and I know she's incredibly happy about the result. Hopefully she'll let me feature her next week on Tattoo Tuesday so all of you can see the process, and I will also touch on some after care tips. Amber sadly left for California Saturday, and after I spent some great family time, I headed over to my bff Autumn's house to spend time with some of my favorite ladies and their families. Hank and HOTW were on a mini-tour with Terror and Ignite over the weekend, so it was just me representing the Hamptons, but it was so good to see Chloe and baby Carter, and all my girls. We have SO much fun things coming up in the next few weekends, including Erin finding out the gender of her baby! Spa week is next weekend, and we also have Viva Las Vegas in the beginning of May. Shirley is the president of a huge charity organization in the valley called 20-30, and they put on the event every year. It's always such a great time, and all of the money goes to a great cause. If you'd like to dress up and join Hank, me, and our friends in Scottsdale at this event, click here to check out their website! Also give me a heads up so we can be sure to do a little blogger meet up there! :)

I didn't share this last week, but while Hank and I were out and about downtown, we ran into my friend Lisa. She got so excited and said she'd been carrying around a present for me forever in hopes of running into me, and ran over to her bag! She pulled out....

from the other day- present from Lisa!

this amazing antique Russian doll necklace! I just about died. I love it so much and I feel so grateful to have such wonderful friends who think of me in such a sweet way. I don't think you read this, but thank you thank you thank you Lisa! Oh, and before someone asks, my top is See by Chloé.

Other than the usual, not much else is going on. My 10-year high school reunion is in a month or so, and although I'm on the planning committee due to being in student council back in the day, I'm just not interested in going whatsoever. I keep in touch with most of my high school friends via Facebook, and the people I want to hang out with, or keep a relationship going with, I make time for. I'm not really into seeing all of these people because one, I really don't feel the need to share my "status" and life with these now-strangers, and two, I don't have enough time for my current friends half the time, so just thinking about reconnecting with all of these people makes me incredibly tired and overwhelmed. Maybe I have the wrong attitude though. I do get a little spark of excitement when I think about seeing some of the people I used to party with, and hang out with, but at the same time, that was then and this is now. I was one of those people that really loved high school and got a lot out of it. I had a great time back then, and I look back fondly on all of my great memories but I prefer to keep them as just that- memories, outside of the handful of people I still see on a regular basis. So, my decision is to just skip it. Have any of you attended your reunions? What kind of experiences did you have?

I'll leave you with an early morning/tired face photo of Amber and me this weekend. We surprisingly didn't take many photos this trip, as it was pretty much a whirlwind of shopping and getting tattooed! Love you Ambs.

gooood morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment