Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tattoo Tuesday V.15

I am so fortunate to have so many beautiful friends to feature throughout this series. Over the next few weeks I will be sharing some particularly wonderful tattoos and ladies that I think you all will really enjoy reading about. I received a comment last week about changing up the questions because they were apparently becoming a bit repetitive. I really appreciate your input, but I am going to continue asking the same questions for the time being. This week I will be including age and occupation so you can get a feel for their demographic, but for now, the questions are going to stay the same!

This week I am so, so happy to feature one of my favorite people in the world, Natalie! Natalie is one of my closest friends from high school and I have some of the most wonderful memories with this girl. We've had tons of adventures and she is the sweetest, most darling things in the universe. To know her is to love her, and she's one of those people that changes the room just by being in it- her energy is totally positive and wonderful. I wished we lived closer so we could hang out all the time. She's the wife to a handsome guy named Joey and the mom to an adorable little girl named Coral! She also just started her blog, so be sure to head over and follow her. So without further adieu...Natalie!



Name and blog name: Natalie Maddon, just started my blog:

http://dandelionlovely.blogspot.com/

Age: 27

Occupation: financial advisor

Featured tattoo/location: Wings on left rib panel

Artist/shop/location: Timo Sanders, Fifth Estate Tattoos- Gilbert, AZ



1) Tell us about the tattoo you are sharing with us- is there a background story or special meaning? Why did you choose this particular piece of art?

The tattoo is on my ribs and it is a wing with a rose in it. The words say "When you pass through the waters I will be with you, and the rivers shall not overwhelm you, when you walk through the fire you will not be burned and the flame shall not consume you. Isaiah 43:2." My aunt has the same thing on her opposite side so that together they make a set of wings. We got the tattoos when she got brain cancer so the scripture has special meaning.

2) Do you have any other tattoos? If so, what do you have and where?

Yes, I sure do have more. Some of them are: memorial chest piece of a heart and wings, wings on my back (sense a theme?), 3/4 sleeve of the ocean, angel outline on my hand, penguin on my hand that was an anniversary thing my hubby and I did, anatomic heart on my hand, a key on my forearm, and a few other cheesy ones scattered around.









3) Do you plan on getting more?

My left rib panel is being drawn up by Timo. Im pretty sure I will be covered by the time I die. I have already past the limit of being inconspicuous about it so I may as well run with it, right?

4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)? Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them?

My family has warmed up to the tattoos. I have a huge, amazingly accepting family. Most of my family has at least one tattoo. My dad likes to tease me and tell me is going to turn my skin into a lampshade when I die. My grandpa asks me if I had an accident with the crayons. I do get negative comments like, "you could have been such a pretty girl" but I have just learned to accept that as part of having tattoos.

5) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?

I started getting tattoos really young and have a few that I could do without. I wish that I would have waited a bit longer, at least until I was 18. I think that it is a good idea to decide the tattoo that you want and then wait awhile and see if you still want it. Getting tattoos is not something that you should do on a whim just to have one.


No comments:

Post a Comment