Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy Labor Day!

Happy Labor Day!


To celebrate Hank and I have planned an entire day of doing only fun, non-laborious things! Who's with us? The only things on our agenda are being home when the bed is delivered, and having a fun day downtown, with our one mission being to buy a ton of fudge and eat it until our stomachs hurt! I think I made add in a few more stops along the way so we can get some hot apple cider too. Later in the evening we will be meeting Hank's grandma for her birthday dinner, which I'm really looking forward to. Mexican food here we come!

Recently I've also been having a great time in Home Ec. Before I took this class I was completely clueless about using my sewing machine, but with each project I get more and more comfortable. At first it was hard because I didn't know a bobbin from a presser foot, but I've been working hard at understand each little step and I feel really pleased with my progress. It's a great feeling to accomplish something that I was previously so, so intimidated by, and I'm proud of myself for sticking with it! I'm really excited for some of the upcoming projects as well- especially the curtains and the bibs! Here are a couple of things I've made so far:

a drawstring pouch:
drawstring pouch (better image)

and a reusable tote:
reusable tote

I've also have a fun time picking out fabric. So far I've just ventured into Joann and other random places around town, but the more I look online the more I fall in love with so many amazing things floating around the internet! If you have any recommendations for great online fabric selections, I'd love to hear them!

This week should fly by pretty quickly. We have half days on Wednesdays, so since we are starting on Tuesday the week should be a fast one. To start off the week on a great foot, I thought I'd include a little playlist for you to enjoy. These are some songs that have been making me happy lately. And let me know if you have a favorite song out of the bunch! It's hard for me to choose because like I said, these are all favorite songs of mine right now, but I'm always a little impartial to Sunny Day Real Estate and Jets to Brazil. I hope you enjoy them! :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

No comments:

Post a Comment