Monday, September 6, 2010

Rosemary's Baby


While on Twitter earlier this evening I mentioned how Rosemary's Baby was one of my all-time favorite movies, and how much I adored the costuming. My friend Elsie mentioned she'd never seen it, and inspired me to make this post! Mia Farrow's wardrobe throughout the entire film is to die for, and every time I watch it, I fall more and more in love with something new. Besides it being just an all-around amazing film, it's total eye candy and captures the style of the decade to a tee. It's chock full of prints, peter-pan collars, bright colors, smock dresses, and boxy silhouettes. I would love to have her maternity wardrobe too, although I think that desire is better in theory since anything tent-like can be quite questionable when you already feel as big as a house. On 1968 Mia though, perfection!







all images via google and imdb.com

These photos don't even do the movie justice, as there are a million more outfits and little details that really add to the overall look. If you've never seen it and are compelled to check it out, please do so! I promise you won't be disappointed. It's really a perfect Autumn-time movie too, with just the right level of creepiness.

Do you have any shows or movies where you just love the styling? Perhaps you seriously covet the wardrobe of a particular actor or actress in a film or swoon over the costumes in a tv series...I'd love to know, so feel free to share in the comments! As for me, my vote definitely goes to Rosemary Woodhouse, with a very close second going to Joan Holloway in Mad Men!

I'll leave you with the eeriest lullaby, courtesy of youtube and Rosemary's Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment