Sunday, January 23, 2011

Our Weekend in Photos

My parents arrived Saturday night and Henry was so happy to see his grandparents! They live a couple of hours away, so it's always so nice when they come and visit. Luckily we see each other a few times a month, but I still wish we all lived in the same place.

weekend1

We ordered pizza from our favorite place- Bill's! It's absolutely delicious.  We get a regular cheese with Bill's sauce, which is a mix of tomato and pesto sauce. Have you ever tried a pizza like that?  It's to die for.  Probably pretty bad for you, but fun for a treat every now and then.

weekend 5

So we all went to sleep with full bellies and woke up the next morning ready for breakfast!  I of course made everyone take a photobooth photo. :)

mi familia

We went to brunch at Iron Springs Cafe, a little restaurant in town. It's really, really good and serves amazing, from-scratch food. I usually get the poached eggs and an English muffin, and even though that's kind of a boring, simple meal it's always delicious in all of its simplicity. At the end of our meal our server brought us out a little sample of their homemade peach cobbler and I kinda, sorta died. I'm thinking a dessert date there is in our future, and hopefully sooner than later!

weekend2

Our original plan was to go antique shopping, but football was starting soon so everyone wanted to get home so we elected to skip it.  We randomly stopped by a thrift store on the way home, which is an extremely rare occurence for me. As much as I want to love hunting for little treasures (everyone always seems to find such cute stuff!), I just can't get into it.  I did give it a go though, and for the millionth time in my life, didn't like it.  Adie is going to take me soon though, so hopefully she can be my experienced guide and maybe I'll find some neat stuff.  Oh, and disregard my "I gotta pee" pose (what was I thinking?!) and focus on the fact that I was thrifting. haha. That's the important thing. And the only other photo I took there was of Henry's little, tiny darling thumb.  So cute.

weekend4

The Hour of the Wolf mugs from their last full-US tour out to The Fest in Florida and back. We snapped a quick little shot of the two different styles side by side.

HOTW Mugs

family photo BW

Once we got home from our outing my Dad and Hank got to work on some projects around the house, including this one- putting together our wall of bookshelves in the front living room/library.  Tomorrow Hank is going to attach them to the wall and then we'll be set!  I love them.

Dad and Hank putting together our wall of bookshelves

I brought this headband out of hibernation today- if you're curious it's from Anthropologie, last year.

headband


weekend3

This is his "pout face." It's the cutest thing in the world!

pout face

So we had a great weekend! I'm already looking forward to next weekend too- I'll be shopping for bridesmaids dresses with a bunch of my girlfriends. I mentioned it before but one of my best friends Shirley is getting married. I'm so excited to be a part of it, and the whole event is going to be amazing, knowing Shirley and Nate. I also need to find a bridesmaids dress for my sister's wedding which is already coming up next month!  I feel so happy that Lauren is about to marry the love of her life- her and Abe have known each other since they were in middle school so it's even more awesome.  Their wedding is going to be beautiful and I feel so special being the matron-of-honor. Can't wait.

Well, I'm off to start winding down for bed...Henry's asleep already so I'm going to sneak in some reading and cuddle time with Hank. I hope whatever your weekend had in store for you it was wonderful! Have a good start to your week tomorrow. 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment