Wednesday, June 9, 2010

17 week update!

I have a little baby bump!

17 weeks BUMP!

front

Weeks 15, 16, and 17 so you can see the change...

Weeks 15, 16, and 17

This week I've definitely felt like my stomach has gotten a bit bigger. One day I woke up and it was just there! This morning it was even bigger than it had been, so I was excited to snap a little photo. I bet I will "pop" even more in the next few weeks, and I'm really excited. It's crazy to think I'm almost HALF WAY DONE! Holy cow! In two weeks we find out the gender, and that's going to be really, really exciting. I talk about that every single time I do a baby bump update but it's all I can think about now that it's so close. Imagining having a little boy or little girl is equally exciting and I just want to know right now! We've been house hunting like crazy and we've found a house we really love...and I just keep envisioning how I'm going to decorate the nursery depending on what we find out on the 25th. We're still going to look one more time when we get back from Hawaii, but I'm pretty set on this house so we'll see what happens! It has 3 bedrooms and 3 baths, plus a loft. It's just a couple of years old and has everything I love in it! I'm really excited to see what happens.

Oh, and I can't forget my weekly fruit/veggie update, right? haha. The baby is currently the size of an onion!


Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints.


As far as how I'm feeling with the little bun on the oven, I first wanted to say THANK you to all of you who have shared you experiences on my most recent post. Although I am feeling fabulous now, in the beginning it was rough and I'm so happy that other mama-to-bes can read that and know that we ALL have felt the same way. That's so great. So thank you so, so much from the bottom of my heart for always being so open and honest in your responses. I (and my other readers) appreciate it so much! So yeah, this week has been great! We are leaving on a little babymoon tomorrow so the excitement has kind of made the week go by pretty quickly. I spent the past six days at my parents, spending almost every minute hanging out with my Mom (Love you Mom!) and I also got to visit with so many of my friends! I swam everyday with my Mom up at the pool, ate a million berries and fresh fruit, and really enjoyed every evening sunset. Being at my parents' is like being on vacation, it's the best.

my favorite summer foods

Arizona sky

I received a lot of thoughtful gifts this past weekend too, both belated birthday presents as well as anniversary gifts, and I was so touched! I say it all the time, but I love my friends so much and I am constantly blown away by their love and open hearts. I feel so blessed to be surrounded by such amazing women! I wanted to share two of the wonderful presents I received. First, an awesome Star Wars onesie courtesy of my darling Erin Peters (yes, Hank flipped out when he saw it)! How cool it this?! I can see a little boy or girl wearing this- for the girl I'd just add a little headband. I also received multiple prenatal massages at Amomi Pregnancy Wellness Spa in Scottsdale from Autumn, Shirls, Erin, Emily, and Alana! I am SO excited to use them and I really think that it was the most perfect gift. Thank you again ladies, I love you!

Star Wars onesie and Amomi prenatal massages...love my friends!

I hope all of you are having a wonderful week! I will be enjoying myself on the beautiful beaches of Hawaii very soon and I can't wait. Many photos and updates to come. Happy Wednesday! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment