Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tattoo Tuesday V.23



This week I am featuring my friend Vanessa! She's the sweetest thing, and her blog is oh-so fun to read. She's a pastry student and a fabulous baker and I absolutely love seeing all of her amazing creations. Vanessa's witty, she's smart, and a total cutie! I adore learning more about her darling life with every post and I know you will too! Be sure to click the link below and pop over to say hi. Today, she is sharing her tattoos with us, and I think you'll all enjoy her feature.

Name and blog name: Vanessa, http://vannyyy.me

Age: 21

Occupation: Barista and Baking & Pastry student

Age of first tattoo: 18

Favorite tattoo: Cupcake on my lower knuckle

Featured tattoo/location: 3/4 sleeve(in progress), cupcake on lower knuckle, script on forearms and octopus w/ crown on inner bicep.

Artist/shop/location of feature tattoo: My sleeve and cupcake were both done by Jon McCann at Absolute Tattoo in Reno, Nv. My script and the octopus were done at Bad Apple Tattoo here in Las Vegas.

1) Tell us about the tattoo you are sharing with us- is there a background story or special meaning? Why did you choose this particular piece of art?

My 3/4 sleeve is of a peacock on a plum blossom tree. The peacock symbolizes love and compassion while the plum blossom tree signifies good luck. :)


The cupcake on my lower knuckle is something I did on impulse but it is one of my favorite tattoos. I love cupcakes (and baking them) and hope to one day open up a vegan bakery.


The script on my forearms read "Eternal Devotion." It signifies my commitment not only to myself, but my family and friends as well.



The octopus with a crown was done also on impulse. It doesn't really mean anything but I do admire the strength and beauty of these creatures.



2) Do you have any other tattoos? If so, what do you have and where?

I have a few small ones! A diamond on the inside of my left index finger, a heart on my ankle(matching tattoo with my friend Meagan) and the word "family" on my right wrist.

3) Do you plan on getting more?

Yes! Tons more! I hope to eventually be covered in them. I think they are so beautiful and love the idea of being covered in ART. :)

4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)? Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them?

My friends and Moms side of the family absolutely adore them. And after showing my Mom, she now wants to get a tattoo! My Dad though, not so much. He believes that one day I'll regret all of them but hasn't grasped onto the fact that these days, everyone has tattoos. The rest of the family on his side are really conservative and believe that having tattoos will prevent me from being some huge business woman. What they don't understand is that I'm going to be a baker, which requires me to wear a big chef's coat that covers most of my tattoos. Ha.

5) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?

Absolutely do your research. Find an artist that you're happy with and build a good relationship with them. Brainstorm ideas with them and don't settle unless you know you absolutely love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment