Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tattoo Tuesday V.22

Another week, another Tattoo Tuesday! This week I am sharing my adorable friend Emily. I asked her to be a part of this feature because I think her couple of tattoos are a nice change from the heavily tattooed ladies I usually feature. I love that she originally thought she wanted to be heavily tattooed, but then changed her mind. I think that speaks volumes about stepping into the visibly tattooed world with a lot of thought and with hesitation. What if she had tattooed her entire chest, only to come to the same decision after getting such a large piece? I love that Emily included that in her answers, and I think it's super important for anyone considering a tattoo to read her words! So yes, here is Emily. I adore this girl. She's the sweetest thing and seriously, how gorgeous is she? I hope all of you take a look at her blog and give her a little hello. Thanks again for allowing me to feature you, doll!


Name and blog name: Emily- http://yesterdays--sweetheart.blogspot.com/

Age: 21

Occupation: PT Bookkeeper/ PT Student for Fashion Merchandising

Age of first tattoo: 18

Favorite tattoo: Bows but I am featuring both :)

Featured tattoo/location: Thighs

Artist/shop/location of featured tattoos: Matt Wes @ Staring Without Caring (He is now at Family Tattoo in Chicago)

1) Tell us about the tattoo you are sharing with us- is there a background story or special meaning? Why did you choose this particular piece of art?

Both tattoos came from a newly 18 year old girl. I had always dreamed of getting tattooed and I didn't hesitate once May of 2007 rolled around. My roses were my first- just a spur of the moment decision really! The bows came in mind a few months later- I can only imagine getting really "girly" tattoos, and I have always been really into bows for some reason, so it just seemed appropriate! :)








2) Do you plan on getting more?

I definitely will get more, just not sure when. I went from wanting to be heavily tattooed to okay with NOT being heavily tattooed. I'd like to finish off my roses with a piece underneath, and definitely do more work on my thighs. As for other ideas for my side, feet, etc- those I may wait on.

3) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)? Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them?

No one in my family has tattoos, nor do they really like them. I was surprised when my mom was somewhat okay with what I got, and even more surprised that when my dad didn't seem to care when he finally noticed them. As for friends, most of my friends are tattooed soooo... haha :)

4) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?

Although I'm not very experienced with tattoos, all I can say is be positive in the decision you're making. I've heard of too many people wanting their first tattoo on their neck, hands, etc- and I think it's very important to know what you're getting into when you deal with places that can't be hidden (especially when you're in AZ and can't wear turtlenecks all year). I think it's also good to save up and get tattooed by a reputable artist, even if it costs a little more. It bums me out seeing homemade, or half-ass tattoos because the person wanted cheap rather than amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment