Sunday, June 13, 2010

Hello from Hawaii (again!)

Another Hawaii post! If you're sick of seeing these photos you only have a few more days to suffer through! ;) I'm definitely enjoying documenting our days though, and even though I do a pretty good job of doing the same in our non-vacationing life, it gets me excited to continue when the baby arrives. I can't imagine how neat it would be having something like this to read back through about my Mom when she was MY age and going through the same things.

Today was a fun day, and kind of a lazy Sunday, even though we're on vacation! This morning we woke up to a sky full of sunshine and immediately decided to spend the entire morning at the beach. We walked down and promptly got in the water, where we stayed for hours. All I can say is, thank goodness for great sunscreen! I got out of the water after about 2.5 hours had passed, but Hank stayed in for close to 4! I spent the rest of the morning enjoying people watching and doing some thinking while in my little beach chair. Very good morning. For lunch we came home and ate leftovers from dinner last night (and even so, I STILL have another 1-2 meals of spaghetti left!) and then we napped. And napped. And napped! haha. It was an afternoon of glorious napping! We woke up and headed down to the Farmer's Market to get some fruit to hold us over for the next couple of days, then went to dinner at Island Lava Java, which is my new FAVORITE place on Kona. Holy cow, amazing. I had a grass-fed locally farmed burger with an organic side salad, and Hank had this crazy vegetarian sandwich. This place is simply adorable, and even better- they use all local, organic products when possible, bake their own bread and baked goods, make their own dressing...and you have to love all of that! So we absolutely and thoroughly enjoyed our dinner, and then went home so Hank could spend the rest of the night back in the ocean! I sat and watched, read a magazine, and just hung out. It was super pleasant, and the sunset was beautiful tonight. I included a couple of photos below that I snapped while on the beach. After, we went back to Lava Java for ice cream where I got strawberry and Hank got a crazy Kona coffee shake. A great end to a great day.

ready for our morning
gooood morning!

Hamptons

summer sandals
perfect summer sandals

at the Farmer's market...how amazing does this look!?
delicious!

picking out our fruit
picking out our fruit

farmer's market!

fresh leis

fruit!

at dinner at Lava Java
enjoying dinner overlooking the water

dinner at Lava Java

dinner

Hank's veggie sandwich
veggie sandwich...mmm

today's outfit

evening beach trip!
Hank at the beach

my night :)
my evening :)

Hank in the ocean
Hank in the ocean

catching a wave
love it!

can you see the guy in the air?

pretty sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment