Thursday, June 17, 2010

"I am here."

silly us

Dear little one,

It's hard to believe that your Dad and I are going to be parents in less than half a year. Sometimes I feel like we're still kids ourselves. It's funny how life works; growing up you always envision your future, but once you get to this place you've always pictured, it's just so amazing to step back and say "I am here." These moments happen, these instances that you've dreamed of and thought about your entire life, and it's incredibly miraculous to have arrived in that little pocket of time. All my life I knew I wanted to be a Mom. Now that this is truly happening, now that this is here, it's the most surreal, and conversely real thing, I have ever felt. Here you are growing more and more each day. Here you are, already this little person, with a beating heart, a growing mind, flipping and turning and twirling; our child. It's an amazing feeling to know that so soon you will arrive, and with that arrival comes so many new experiences and so many new beautiful moments. All your Dad and I do is talk, and hope, and dream about you: what you will be like, what you'll love, what you'll create. Will you have your Dad's wavy brown hair? Will you have his cocoa brown eyes or my blue-green ones? Will you be a blonde baby like the both of us? Polka dot, green, purple or striped, we will love you. No matter who you are or who you choose to be, we will love you. No matter what, we will love you. We already do. And we always have. In a way I wish we could fast forward to November, to greet you upon your arrival, but I have to remember to cherish these moments as they happen. My stomach grows everyday as you get bigger, and I need to savor this, just the two of us, because each of these precious days I am having will never be again. When you are 1, 3, 15, 35, I will miss these days. I will think back to when you were a tiny little thing in my body and remember how badly I wanted to meet you, and I will be amazed at how quickly times flies. And in that moment, I will say again, "I am here," in disbelief that life has yet again taken its beautiful course. Amazing.

All my love,

Your Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment