Sunday, October 3, 2010

Baby Shower! (extremely image heavy)

Yesterday was one of those days that was so full of love and happiness that I felt like my heart might burst from joy. I can't even explain how much I appreciate all of my friends and family, there are no words to really express the gratitude I feel for each and every one of them making yesterday such a special day. As I looked around the room at so many of the people I consider my family, I was completely overwhelmed with these beautiful feelings, and also thoughts of how incredibly lucky Henry is to have so, so many people who already love him so much. My best friends were there, my Mom and sister, my Grandma and one of my Aunts, my in laws and their side of the family, tons of my girlfriends and work friends and people from all different parts of my life. It was neat to have them all in one place, and also to know that the friends and family who couldn't make it were still a part of the celebration.

The shower was beautiful and my family did an amazing job, as usual, with the entire event. There wasn't a detail spared, and there was something adorable and perfect at every turn. From the beautiful cake (red velvet) to the floral arrangements, to the hanging onesies and "Henry IV" pacifier cake toppers, all the sage green, the extremely generous gifts to the favors, it was all over the top and really gorgeous. I'm so thankful for all of it and even typing about it now makes me emotional!

Most of my friends and family traveled up to Prescott to come to the shower and I am so thankful they took time to do that. Afterward, some of my family and friends who hadn't seen our new home yet came over and we gave everyone the grand tour, then a handful of my girlfriends spent the night. We went downtown and ate dinner at Cafe St. Michael (their veggie burgers are so, so good) then walked around awhile so Zoe and Sarah could get a little taste of Prescott's "interesting" nightlife. We ended up in the candy store and chit chatting in the gazebo before we headed up for a fun sleepover. This morning we woke up and had some breakfast, Z. and S. left and Erin and I had a fun time together as usual, visited Adie at work and ate delicious food. It was a perfect day.

Here are some photos from the shower and after, mainly taken by my darling Sarah (thank you Suki Su)! It's funny because since I've been pregnant I'm sure you've noticed I haven't been posting photos of myself very often. I decided to just get over it, so here's a BUNCH. Enjoy!

before the shower, at our house- Autumn, Shirley and me :)
before the shower, at our house

Sar and me!
my darling Suki

I love this one
the ladies!

34 weeks!
8.5 months pregnant

Auntie Shirley and Carter
Auntie Shirl and Carter

Chloe
Chloe!

love them

baby Kyler and me- it's crazy to think I will be holding OUR son so, so soon! Ahh!
baby Kyler!

en route to the shower!
en route 1

amazing cake- red velvet of course!
the amazing cake- it was red velvet and cream cheese inside. soo good!

loving this detail
Henry IV!

some of the cute favors
so cute

onesies

Shirl and some of the presents
some of the gifts

gifts

gifts

It's a boy!

my new, amazingly comfortable glider! Such a great gift :)
my new glider, so comfy

food

food

fruti!

my beautiful, amazing mama and me
my beautiful amazing mama and me

gift time!

opening presents
opening presents

cutie pie Layla!
Layla!

Erin and 1-month old Kyler
Erin and 1-month old Kyler

Zoe and Chloe!
Zoe and Chloe!

the blanket Erin made Henry
blanket Auntie Erin made Henry

If you remember from a previous post regarding my shower, my Mom had included in the invite that people should bring signed books instead of cards, so Henry got so many books! His library is already so full which is awesome. It's also amazing to be able to read all the thoughtful inscriptions and know that H. will be able to cherish those as well.
so many books!

:)

I love Crystal!
Crystal

my two favorite Sarahs!
Sarah x2

the Gurrola girls and Laur, some of our oldest and dearest friends
Gurrola girls and Laur

IMG_1039%20edit

IMG_1038%20edit

flowers and Adie
flowers and Adie

Sarah and Zoe
S & Z

Hank showed up just in time to cut the cake with me, cheesy wedding cake style ;)
Hank showed up at the end, for cake!

cutting the cake

a small amount of the ladies, we took this at the end of the day so a lot had already left, sorry girls!
some of the ladies

trying out his manly diaper bag
trying out his manly diaper bag!

after the shower, at dinner
later that night...dinner at Cafe St. Michael

Erin
Erin at dinner

Crystal
Crystal

love them
love these girls

Sarah and me blurry but I still like it :)
blurry

Zoe + candy, always!
candy store!

Adie and Erin
Adie and Erin

cutie Sarah
Sarah

I love this one!
love this one

So yes, it was just the best day and night...I was so sad to have to see everyone leave. I totally have a "fun hangover" now and I'm a little over emotional and feeling a little sad that everyone isn't still here! I wish all of my friends and family lived closer but it does make it more special when they come to visit. Now, off to try and sort through a million baby things! I love it. :)

I hope everyone has a beautiful Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment