Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pumpkin Picking

I've written about how much I love this season more than a handful of times, and today was one of those days that got me extra excited about all things Fall. I seriously CANNOT get enough of this time of the year; from the delicious food (apple cider and Autumn-inspired pies) to the weather (crisp, clear, and occasionally stormy), it's all so inspiring and so amazing. Every year I just feel so renewed and re-energized, and I'm filled with so many fresh ideas and hopes for the future. This year it's even more exciting because this year's feeling of renewal couldn't be more fitting as I become a mother in the next month. Change is definitely in the air.

Growing up we would go to the same pumpkin patch every year. We'd go on a "spooky" hayride out to the field, choose the roundest, most orange pumpkin we could find, and enjoy fresh cinnamon sugar donuts and hot apple cider. It's a family tradition that is still fresh in my mind, and that wonderful pumpkin patch holds some of my best and earliest memories. This year, my parents, sister and her fiance came up and joined Hank and me on a trip to our local pumpkin farm. It was a wonderful day. We found some great pumpkins and enjoyed the Autumn day. Hank and I kept getting so excited about that fact that next year we'll have an almost-one year old little guy with us to enjoy all of the sights and sounds. It was incredibly fun to imagine bringing Henry there, and we really can't wait.

My family just left to go back down to the valley and I'm pretty sad. It's so lovely to have them up here for any period of time, and whenever they go home, or we're visiting and we go home, it's a bit of a bummer. Luckily we're only two hours away, but it's still hard. I'm just trying to focus on the fun times we did have while they visited rather than be depressed that they're not here. It's hard though...

BUT, it was such a fantastic day and we took a few photos I thought I'd share. Tomorrow Hank and I will be carving our pumpkin and I'm especially excited for some baked pumpkin seeds. So good.


this morning- 9 months pregnant! Feeling good but getting anxious to meet our son!
good morning! 9 months pregnant :)

the sign on the way into the farm...comforting ;)
hmm...

so excited about all of this Autumn-ness!

He's seriously so handsome it kills me.
handsome papa-to-be

Lauren
sister

feeling as big as a house but I guess that's expected right?
walking into the pumpkin farm

<3

I love this one!
favorite photo of the day

pumpkin patch

picking out the perfect pumpkin
finding the perfect one

"not by the stem!"
"not by the stem!"

Lauren and Abe
Abe and Lauren

Mom and Dad
Mom and Dad

a pumpkin among pumpkins!
a pumpkin among pumpkins

Hank and Mom
Hank and Mom

hayride
hayride

the lake at the farm
pretty lake at the farm

and finally, our pretty pumpkin!
our pumpkin selection

No comments:

Post a Comment