Friday, October 1, 2010

October is finally here!

my night: candy corn, Mad Men, and a comfy bed...perfect!


Thank you all SO much for all the kind words about our big move! It's hard for me on blogger, I wish so badly I could hit reply on each comment and talk to each person separately, kind of like on livejournal. Wouldn't that be great? Because I can't do that, I always worry that you all don't know that I read and cherish every single comment that I receive. So you know: I do! I love receiving your input, and I appreciate all of your sweetness and support so very much. I've been incredibly busy lately, so I haven't had the most time to blog the past few days, but now that we are settled I am back to my normal routine and I couldn't be happier! Blogging is such an outlet for me, and without it I do feel a little lost, as weird as that may sound. And speaking of blogging, be sure to check out my "Blog Love" page located on my upper right hand sidebar, or click here! I frequently get asked about my favorite blogs, so if you'd like to see the ones I read on a daily basis, check out that link!

So if you're a regular follower, you'd know that my life has been quite busy, and so full of change. I really need to make a belly photo post soon to show you all just how BIG I've gotten, so hopefully this weekend I will be able to do just that. And speaking of this weekend, my baby shower is on Saturday! I can't wait. So many of my girlfriends are coming in from all sorts of different places and I'm so excited to see all of them. It's bizarre because it really does feel like my bridal shower was just yesterday, when in reality it was almost three years ago! And now, I'm planning my sister's bridal shower. How did that happen? Every once and a while I am shocked into the realization that time has in fact gone by, and that it's gone by so quickly. As always it's a reminder to just stop and take it all in. As Henry's arrival gets closer and closer, I am thinking about this all of the time. I know it's going to be an interesting transition- going from working as a teacher to becoming a full time mama and homemaker...and it's going to be hard! However, I feel like those late nights and sleepless times, rough patches and whatever else comes- that's LIFE! And all of those times will only be here for a short time, so my goal is to really be in the moment and live each of these things as they happen, without hoping and wishing for the next "thing" to come along so quickly. We only get one go-round at having our first child, so I want it all, the good, the bad, the hard and the easy. I'm ready for it, and really excited too.

I posted a few quick photos of the moving process the other day and briefly mentioned that my Dad and Hank had put together some of Henry's baby furniture. So far the crib and his changing table is done and in his room. We still have a long way to go, including painting, but I find myself wandering in there now and again, just thinking about him and what this whole adventure is going to be like. It's truly surreal. I thought it was crazy when I was 12, 16, 24 weeks. But now that we are about a month and a half away it's just mind blowing that we have such little time before he is born.

Outside of baby talk, everything else is moving along well. Work this year has been wonderful. These are the best group of kids I've ever had, and not a day goes by that I don't count myself as lucky for having such wonderful students during this eventful time. They're so supportive and cute, and make my day everyday. Besides being beyond exhausted almost every moment, I've been enjoying my time in the classroom. My last day is coming up quickly and I have about twenty-something more days to go!

I'm also currently really, really excited about Fall. To get into the spirit, Hank and I are going to be starting a Halloween movie marathon pretty soon here via Netflix. Some of our top picks:

  • Hocus Pocus (best movie EVER)
  • The Birds
  • Psycho
  • The Addams Family
  • Misery
  • The Lost Boys
  • The Shining
  • Edward Scissorhands

There's seriously nothing I love more than snuggling up on the couch with a bowl of buttery, salty popcorn and enjoying a semi-scary movie. Note that I said SEMI because I'm a huge baby and can't handle the gory modern movies they have out these days. I'm more of a fan of the older stuff, especially Alfred Hitchcock and classic horror films, and then of course the more child-like ones too. Do you have any favorite Halloween time/creepy movies? I'd love to hear some suggestions to add to our list, so comment away if you have any!

So, today is Friday and the first day of my favorite month, October! It's a half day for me, and I can't wait to decorate a bit for Halloween when I get home from work. I'm also looking forward to getting the house a little more put together in preparation for friends coming into town. We have a LONG way to go as far as decorating, but it's coming along slowly but surely.

I hope all of you have a wonderful Friday!
xoxo

I'll leave you with a creepy Zombie photo of me from last season! Nerd alert. ;)

if I was a ZOMBIE


oh and ps, if you guys wouldn't mind clicking on this little banner that would be awesome! I kind of forgot about this wonderful site. Oops! :)


Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

No comments:

Post a Comment