Saturday, October 23, 2010

Saturday!

(image via weheartit)

Good morning and happy Saturday!

It's the most beautiful day outside and I can't wait for Hank to wake up so we can start our day. Here are some of our weekend plans:

a little downtown walk
hot apple cider
pumpkin carving
picking up some things for Henry's room
finishing painting the white trim
seeing "Hereafter" in the theater



I love the weekend so much and now that we're in one of the final few before H. is born it's pretty interesting to think about the fact that our weekends will never be the same again. Nowadays we wake up when we want, lounge around for awhile, and leisurely decide what we're going to do. Soon we will have a little guy dictating most of it. Pretty crazy change, but I'm excited.

I'm now in my 37th week of pregnancy and I can see that light at the end of the tunnel. Throughout this experience I've had no trouble sleeping, but recently, during the past week or so, I've begun to do the whole wake up every hour or two due to the baby moving or having to really, really use the bathroom. I'm not necessarily uncomfortable, but sleeping is just not happening. I feel like I go to work a zombie, and already I have SUCH respect for any Mom who is taking care of a baby and then going to work the next day. Hats off to you. Our baby isn't even here yet, and waking up every hour or two, and then having to put on a happy face and be pleasant and productive all day is not an easy task. In a way though I'm glad this is happening, because I feel like it's getting me ready for Henry to be here. I know I'm going to be super tired, but I also know that that stage won't be forever.

37 weeks

I also wanted to say thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you who responded to my "thoughts on thinking" post from the other day. I always wish I could click on each comment and respond to them individually- at times this is why I think about switching from this blogger format- but I wanted all of you to know that I read each comment and appreciated them all. It's amazing to share something, to make yourself a little vulnerable, and then realize that so many other people feel the same way. It's pretty neat that all of the visitors to this blog don't just get my point of view; they also get to read all of the thoughtful remarks from you wonderful people. Pretty amazing. So thank you from the bottom of my heart for the taking the time to not only just read my posts, but also taking the time to share a little bit of yourself.

We're heading out now, but I hope all of you have the best weekend. Enjoy everything about it! Relax, recharge, do something new and exciting. xoxo

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment