Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tattoo Tuesday V.38

This week I am featuring a lady who is no stranger to having her photo posted on this blog, my dear friend Crystal! Ms. C. and I have been gal pals for 11 years plus, and I adore her. We've seen each other through a million seasons and she is just one fabulous woman. She's smart, gorgeous, and one of the funniest little firecrackers I know. I've wanted to feature her forever, and after she visited this weekend and bugged her a couple more times here she is! Crystal also isn't so into the idea of posting all of her tattoos up on the internet, so you'll have to kind of figure them out from the random photos she shared. Maybe just maybe if there's enough comments we can persuade her to let us see each one up close- she has some AMAZING things. But, I'm happy with what we have here, and I love everything she shared; I hope you do too! I especially am enjoying her answer to the last question, I kind of love it A LOT.


Name and blog name: Crystal...and I gave up on blogging

Age: 26

Occupation: I'm available for hire

Age of first tattoo: 15

Favorite tattoo: The tough cookie (but everyone calls it the gingerbread man)

Featured tattoo/location: It's a gingerbread cookie with it's dukes up on my forearm. A lot of people think it's from Shrek, which is okay because that movie is pretty sweet.

Artist/shop/location of feature tattoo: A good friend from back in the day Jason at Golden Rule Tattoo in the heart of downtown Phoenix.

1) Tell us about the tattoo you are sharing with us- is there a background story or special meaning? Why did you choose this particular piece of art?

It's a tough cookie, I'm a tough cookie. I was diagnosed with Cancer in late November of 09. Jason drew it up on the spot and I love it. I graduated in May, and am wanting to get a smart cookie somewhere soon.

2) Do you have any other tattoos? If so, what do you have and where?

I have many. I'll mention the big ones :)

I have a clock on my left thigh that says "Better Late then Never" for my dad, who I met a few years ago from CJ at Stay True Tattoo. I also have a stapler-phone right above it from Mark at Stay True Tattoo (it's an inside joke/matching tattoo with my good friend Tricia).

I have Fidelity tattooed on my chest from Amy at Stay True Tattoo.

A portrait of Bonnie and Clyde on my inner left arm from CJ, and a vulture holding a valentine on my inner right arm from CJ.

I have "Judge Not" tattooed on the right side of my neck in white ink from Tabitha, who used to work at Ink Bomb...but currently I have no idea.



3) Do you plan on getting more?

Yes, as soon as I forget how much it costs/hurts. I want to change my chest piece a little and fill out my arms to look more like sleeves and less like stickers. I have been toying with the idea of having the "Praying Hands" tattooed on the other side of my neck by a friend at Low Rider Tattoo in Fullerton CA, because the art comes from a beautiful story, and it looks super gangster (a side note: the hands aren't actually praying, Google the story! It's awesome)


4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)? Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them?

My family truly doesn't give a damn, or at least they don't act like it. I'm the only one in the family with tattoos besides my sister (who has 2 little bitties). My friends!! I have matching tattoos with a lot of my friends (big ups to Tricia, Tomika, Ian, and Jason!), and some of my closest friends have no tattoos at all.

I have run into some adversity when it comes to jobs. I have had to cover them at work, which during the Phoenix summers is REALLY REALLY HOT. I'm oblivious to how people react to my tattoos, my friends notice dirty looks more than me...which is good because I'm sensitive.


Crystal and me


5) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?

If you're getting one in a highly visible area, make sure you like talking to strangers. I GUESS I would say think about it for a long time...but I didn't. I GUESS I would recommend going to the best artist you can find...but I didn't. I have tattoos from a long time ago that maybe aren't something I would get now, or not done as well as they could be. Screw it. They were about what I wanted and who I was at that time. On a long enough timeline we all change, and if we're lucky we live long enough to get wrinkly and old and not give a crap anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment