Friday, October 8, 2010

Fresh start Friday!

The beauty of every single morning is the ability for a fresh start. It's actually quite amazing because no matter what you've gone through the previous day, you have the ability to wake up and say "ENOUGH" and restart in a more positive way. When I have a particularly bad day, I often find myself lying in bed at night going over all of it in my head, thinking about the negative parts over and over, running through everything that made me upset. It takes a conscious effort to stop doing this and just allow myself to relax, go to sleep, and leave it behind. When you wake up the next morning you can decide to have a beautiful day, or you can carry over the same negative feelings, which only causes another bad day to happen, so on and so forth. If you don’t break the cycle the bad days will continue; if you keep doing the same thing you’ll get the same result. So today I challenge all of you to make it a GREAT day. No matter what yesterday was like, when you read this, decide that from this moment forward that your day, your night and your weekend is going to be spectacular. Whether you have a list of plans to accomplish or you're going to be spending a quiet weekend at home, you can make it fun and get yourself in a positive mindset. I've been feeling a little off this week, not necessarily sad but just a little weird on and off. I can probably blame it on pregnancy hormones but I have a fun, busy weekend planned with Hank and our family with no room for negativity. So, I am taking my own challenge and I'm determined to have a great, positive weekend. I hope you'll join me!

A lot of the time my days are improved when I reach out to others or do something that extends my heart outward. Below you'll find a short, fun list of little things you can do for yourself or someone else that will start your weekend off on the right foot.

Ideas to start you weekend off with a happy, loving heart:
  • phone a friend or family member you haven't talked to in a long time just to let them know you were thinking about them
  • randomly, genuinely compliment a stranger
  • treat yourself to something beautiful and/or delicious- and enjoy it with no guilt
  • indulge your pet in extra attention and affection
  • go on a long walk outside and pay close attention to your senses
  • hand write a letter or card and mail it to a friend
  • make a short list of some things you love about your partner or best friend and hide it in a place they'll find it later
  • sit in a quiet place and meditate for ten minutes
  • think of someone in your life that may need a little positivity and spend a few moments sending them positive love and thoughts
There are a MILLION more things you could do, but that's just a starting point. I encourage you to choose one thing from the list, and go from there.

And whatever you find yourself doing this weekend, I hope you have a wonderful, wonderful time. I'll be back later tonight with the ad-space giveaway winner! Happy Friday. :)

*image via weheartit

No comments:

Post a Comment