Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tattoo Tuesday V.39


This week I am featuring a friend of my sweet friend, Jess! Jess is no stranger to Sometimes Sweet (I even just posted about her last week in my "blogs blogs blogs!" post), and awhile ago I asked her to recommend a couple of her beautiful gal pals for Tattoo Tuesday. Lo and behold, she sent me the gorgeous Angi's blog and upon my first visit I knew I had to feature her! Be sure to stop by her blog when you get a chance and say hello...after you check out her fabulous photos and write up of course. Enjoy! And thank you again Angi for being a part of this feature.

Name and blog name: Angi Nelson/There is Hope for Us http://andyoumakeitlastforever.blogspot.com/

Age: 27

Occupation: Hairdresser

Age of first tattoo: 18

Favorite tattoo: It's actually on my upper thighs it reads "Viva Hate" in script. I love it because it represents such a huge time in my life. And although it may have been been painful but i like that it represents where I have been and who I am now because of it. Also I am a huge Morrissey fan so it has a double meaning. :) I have this picture from the day I got it tattooed. Don't really have any others of it because of its location :)


Featured tattoo/location: The "key to my heart" is located on my left forearm.


1) Tell us about your featured tattoo- is there a background story or special meaning? Why did you choose this particular piece of art?

I got the heart locket first and the key with my daughters name Stella the next sitting. Another tattoo that without trying represents a certain time in my life that I hold so very dear. Im lucky to have a best friend that has done most of my tattoos, his name is Brent Vann and he works at Tattoo Revolution in Redlands, CA. http://brentvannshithispants.com/home.html

2) Do you have any other tattoos? If so, what do you have and where?

Here are two of my favorite tattoos: The rose on my neck which I have one exactly on the other side of my neck (done by Brent Vann) and also the cameo that I have on my right shoulder which was done by Aaron Funk at Tattoo Revolution in Redlands, CA

I have the claddagh symbol on the top of my feet. The most PAINFUL tattoo I have ever received. I got one foot tattooed and did not get the other foot until 6 years later (thats how bad it hurt). It was worth the pain :) These were done by Brian Seghers at Paragon Tattoo in Grand Terrace, CA


3) Do you plan on getting more?

My arms are almost completely sleeved. My left arm is somewhat of a "heaven" theme and my right arm is what I call my pretty arm, flowers, butterfly, birdies. I do plan on getting more i am dying for my right are to be finished. I was diligently trying to get it finished then found out I was knocked up :) so that plan is on hold for now. I also plan to get a "friendship" tattoo with my friend Carynn, something like Angelique Houtkamp inspired not sure where though.


4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)? Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them?

My family pretty much loves my tattoos. My dad was probably the most emotional about it, something about being his "little girl" and him not wanting me to ruin my body. Hes definitely okay with the tattoos now. Almost all of my friends have tattoos and we live in an area that has quite a few tattooed people so I don't get too much flack for mine. But Redlands does also have an older more conservative group that don't love me but thats okay. :) I've never had a problem with getting a job or anything like that because before I was a hairdresser I worked at a tattoo shop.


5) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?

For people that dont have tattoos they think that every one has to have some deep meaning or symbolize something or its not a valid reason to get one. I believe quite the opposite. I kinda have the "if I like it i get it" mentality, and by accident I have some deep and meaningful tattoos because I get tattooed based on my attitude and what I am going through. I would just say make sure you find a good tattoo artist. That would be more then half the battle.


No comments:

Post a Comment