Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Comic-Con!

Hank and I go to Comic Convention every year, and yet again it will be taking place in San Diego this summer. It's always SUCH a fun time, and I really look forward to seeing our friends more than anything. The week is always filled with lots of laughs, good food, and tons of swimming. This year will be a little different as we're expecting our first child, so I'm excited to find all sorts of fun toys and goodies for our little one. I know Hank will be on the hunt for some original art to hang in the nursery, and I'm sure I'll find a few cute plushies. Can't wait. This year the hotel booking system was pretty horrible, so we only just got our rooms confirmed. We usually stay at a hotel that's really close to the convention (walking distance), but apparently it was sold out this year, so we'll be at one a bit farther away (5 miles) but with much better ammenities. I can't wait to sun my pregnant belly and swim all day long while Hank is at the convention. I usually only go for one to two days, which is definitely enough for me, and I enjoy relaxing and shopping during the other days. This year I am hoping to spend as much time as possible with one of my childhood best friends and family friends (we call each others' parents Aunt and Uncle) who recently moved to San Diego from New Jersey with her new husband who is a Marine.

In the spirit of Comic-Con, here are a few photos from last year!

driving to CA! I was gracious enough to drive for awhile ;)
hitting the road for San Diego

at Super7's annual Preview Night dinner
SDCC Preview Night '09

look good enough to eat! candy :)

at Pokez
Hank and Scott

I don't know who the dude is...but his costume was intense

Happy Friendship Anniversary, you two!

Hank

YEAH!

and I can't resist...a couple from the year before!

hank is so excited!

Scott and Hank, typical
scott and hank

Gargamel guys
hank and gargamel guys

gargamel...


darth vader the pedestrian, totally normal

So now, the question...are any of you going to Comic-Con? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment