Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thursday

love this coral dress for summer!

“I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element. It is my personal approach that creates the climate. It is my daily mood that makes the weather. I possess tremendous power to make life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration, I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis is escalated or de-escalated, and a person is humanized or dehumanized. If we treat people as they are, we make them worse. If we treat people as they ought to be, we help them become what they are capable of becoming.”
— Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


I like this quote a lot and I really identify with it. I do feel that we all determine the climate of our day, and once I figured this out, life seemed to sail along a little smoother. There are definitely days when I actually decide to have a shitty day- I do not choose happiness, and in a way I almost give in to the negative emotions that are always swirling around in my brain. In turn, my day becomes pretty horrible. Often this is a conscious decision and I realize I am making a poor choice as I'm choosing. It's hard to explain, but if I'm feeling really depressed, it's really hard to make the choice to be happy; it's easier to just be sad...but most of the time I can manage to choose positivity. It's a constant struggle though, but I find the more I choose happiness, the easier it is to stay happy. I really like this quote because I feel like it's a great reminder to choose happiness, and be our own "day maker." I also really love what it says about the way we treat others. Inspiring.

Today was a good day. My dear friend Rhonda colored my hair a couple of shades lighter, and we are slowly going to bring it to more of a chocolate brown. I'm just so over having such DARK hair. I'm naturally blonde, so lately I've been feeling like the harsh dark ages me a bit and makes me look a little too pale and washed out. I'm looking forward to a bit of a change, slowly but surely.

I also realized I never posted photos from the Viva Las Vegas charity event Hank and I attended last weekend in Scottsdale, so I'll leave you with some photos from that evening! Have a great night! :)

great night!

Shirls put on this event- so wonderful

Viva Las Vegas! All for charity <3

Erin and me- she is also pregnant and her due date is exactly 2 months before mine! I also look kind of gothic here...I told you I need lighter hair! ;)
two preggos! I look a little goth here hahah

Erin's hubby Jeff and Hank
on a roll

my two besties, aren't they beautiful?! Shirley is the president of the women's Active 20-30 group that put this huge event on. So proud of her.
my hens

Autumn's sister Jeremee
Jeremee won on this wheel!

silent auction

Autumn! :)
my beautiful best friend

Jeff, Chad, Hank!
Jeff, Chad, Hank

Hank drinking coffee?! Odd! ;)
handsome hubby + coffee

Mojo yogurt was one of the sponsors, yum!
mmm Mojo yogurt...

Viva

No comments:

Post a Comment