Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Little update

I just got home from a great, long walk downtown with Hank. It's such a beautiful night in Prescott that we skipped the gym and decided to get some fresh air. Now while he's at practice I thought it would be a perfect time to do a little update on what's been going on in my world. I'm going into my 14th week of pregnancy and still feeling exceptionally well. I've been attending prenatal yoga for the past couple of weeks and I've really been enjoying it. I'm more of a go go go type of person, and I struggle even while I'm in class to just let everything go! I often find my mind running wild, planning out our dinner, our weekends, thinking about my day...when I'm supposed to be letting go and trying to clear my head. I try not to judge these thoughts though, and my instructor reminds me of this regularly, and brings me back into the moment. I adore my teacher and she's an incredibly inspiring mother herself. I just feel so grateful that my friend Layla got me connected with this class. I think the baby enjoys the downtime too. :)

Speaking of the little one, he or she is the size of a lemon during this next week! Last week was a peach, and a peach seems bigger than a lemon, but who knows!



Your adorable little fetus is busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, and (not so cute but equally amazing) making urine and breathing amniotic fluid as the liver, kidneys and spleen continue to develop. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over the body for warmth.

So our little lemon is growing a lot! Our next doctor's appointment is on Tuesday and I can't wait! It always surprises me how fast the time goes between each visit. It's hard to believe it's already been a month. We haven't taken any more belly photos other than the beginning shot, but this weekend we will probably start since I have a mini (unnoticeable to anyone but me I'm sure, haha) bump happening.

I had a really wonderful pre-Mother's Day too! I received lovely gifts from my parents and family, Hank's Mom, and Autumn! I felt really special and I love that I am kind of, almost, a MOM! Ahhh.

So, I hope all of you have a great night! My formspring is still up, and I do get rude comments from time to time but overall I like connecting with all of you like that, so I'm going to continue to leave it up! Feel free to ask away. And don't forgot about my baby gender poll up there.

AND, I'll have some big news to share in the next week or so.

All my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment