Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tattoo Tuesday V.19

I love my feature this week, the lovely Marcella! I met Mar via the blog world and adore this amazing mama. She's been a huge source of inspiration for me, as she's just had her first baby, a beautiful little girl by the name of Pella. I love all of the things she's shared here with all of you, and know you're going to love all of her beautiful tattoos. She's also another girl in the "Russian Doll Club!" I hope to meet my adorable blog friend sometime in the future, but until then I will continue to read her fun posts, and I hope you do too! Thanks again Marcella!



Name and blog name: Marcella

Blog name: http://marandbean.blogspot.com/

Age: 25

Occupation: Baby boutique owner

Age of first tattoo: 20

Favorite tattoo: my TCB tattoo

Featured tattoo/location/artist: Virgin Mary on my ribs done by Tim Hendricks @ Spotlight tattoo, in Hollywood CA.

1) Tell us about the tattoo you are sharing with us- is there a background story or special meaning? Why did you choose this particular piece of art?

Well let's see, there are so many! But the Virgin Mary is because I'm Catholic, and LOVE all the religious art.

I also have an umbrella on my knuckle which is my "When it rains it pours" tattoo. My nesting Doll tattoo I recently got for my daughter who was born Feb 2 2010. the 13 tattoos are for friday the 13th and my birthday April13, and all the other ones have no meaning....for the most part.

2) Do you have any other tattoos? If so, what do you have and where?

Grandmothers Portrait right upper arm done by Kat Von D @True Tattoo, Sugarskulls inside of left arm done by Nick Rodin @ True Tattoo, Amor Puro right wrist done by Nick Rodin @ True Tattoo, Nesting doll right forearm done by LOS @ Sids tattoo , Gypsy girl lower right hip done by Daniel Albrigo @ Gold Rush tattoo, Feathers with roses "There is a Light" (my Smiths tatt) on my upper right arm done by Daniel Albrigo @ Gold Rush tattoo, Friday the 13th "13" tattoo (world record tattoo) done by Tim Hendricks @ Elm St. Tattoo, sacred heart inside of left arm done by Daniel Albrigo @ Six Feet Under tattoo , skull butterfly inside of left arm done by Daniel Albrigo @ Six Feet Under, roses on my forearm done by Kat Von D @ True tattoo, "13" Heart and key on left forearm done by Chummy @ Elm St Tattoo, TCB taking care of Business on inside of left arm done by Oliver Peck on a Tour bus, Peacock on left arm done by Daniel Albrigo @ Six feet under tattoo, Chattering Teeth done by Mike Suarez @True tattoo, Love letter behind my ear done by Oliver Peck on a tour bus, All filler on left arm done by Oliver Peck, Umbrella on my Knuckle done by LOS @ Sids tattoo, roses on left shoulder done by Nick Rodin @ BlacK Heart tattoo SF



















3) Do you plan on getting more?

As of right now, I would like to finish filling in my left arm and then call it quits, since im a MOMMY now :)

4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)? Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them?

My family & friends was a bit taken back by my decision to get a tattoo then I got 2, then 3 then 4 , then my ribs, and arms, and everywhere else, and it began to grow on everyone, Im now the GO TO GIRL when it comes to my family and friends wanting to get tattoos ..everyone loves my tattoos, I even have old ladies come up to me interested with "who the woman on my arm is" and when they find out its my grandma they ADMIRE it...& Of course I've gotten negativity...CANT PLEASE EVERYONE!

5) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?

FOR YOUR FIRST tattoo, think it out, and think it out good, make sure the placement is right! make sure someone who can actually tattoo, tattoos you, there is NOTHING worse then a bad tattoo, and I totally go by the motto "A good tattoo ain't cheap, and a cheap tattoo ain't good!"


No comments:

Post a Comment