Thursday, May 13, 2010

Friday night

photo via weheartit


Dear Baby Hampton,

Your Dad and I can't wait to meet you in less than six months! It seems like only yesterday I was daydreaming about the time in our lives when I would become a Mom, and now that it's a reality, I can't even begin to write about how amazing it feels. All my life I knew I wanted to be a Mom. I truly feel that I was put on this earth to do that. Your Dad is so excited too, and we both can't stop talking and planning, and imagining what you are going to be like. You're still pretty small, so there isn't much of a bump yet, but I can't wait until you grow a bit bigger and I can feel you move. In just a couple of weeks your ears will be formed and you'll be able to pick up on all the sounds going on out here in the world you will soon be joining! I can't wait to read to you, play beautiful music for you, and keep telling you every day how much you are already loved.


Love you,
Your Mom

I am currently very sick and I've been in bed asleep all afternoon. I know my immune system is lower than normal due to the pregnancy, and it makes me sad because I'm hardly ever sick...and I am presently miserable! I've gone through a box of tissues and I'm currently nursing a hot cup of tea. I'm going to head back to bed in a minute, but I wanted to share a few things. Number one, being the worrier I am, I go through periods where I am pretty wracked with anxiety about pregnancy. What if something goes wrong? What if our baby isn't healthy? It's horrible to have these thoughts but my mama friends have assured me that it's perfectly normal. My weekly yoga class has really been helping me accept the fact that my body is doing exactly what it should, and that I am fully capable of a carrying and delivering a healthy baby. I've been trying to practice small periods of meditation in order to get me through these occasional periods of self-doubt and anxiety. I can't remember where I found this, but I believe the link came from babycenter.com. To warn you, this may be too hippy-dippy for some, but it's right up my alley!

Pregnancy Meditation

During this meditation you will learn how to connect to your baby and how to feel completely relaxed and at peace with your pregnancy.

1. Take a deep breath in and out as slowly as you can.

2. Gently close your eyes.

3. Take another deep breath in and out counting slowly up to 4 and than back down to 0.

4. Continue breathing by focusing on a gentle inhalation followed by a long, slow exhalation. As you inhale, feel your abdomen expanding and as you exhale feel your abdomen deflating.

5. Now, as you inhale visualize the energy of your breathe going down to your belly and to the baby.

6. In your mind repeat the following sentence very slowly: "I Love you." Take this moment to talk to your baby, speak to him or her with kind, gently and loving words.

7. As you breathe in and out visualize a beautiful white and pink light surrounding you and your baby. This light is protecting, clearing and caring. Surrender to the power of your breathe and to the flow of energy while you visualize the light moving in and around your body.

8. Relax and allow. Every sell within your body is filled with this very powerful white and pink light. You and your baby are safe and very, very loved.

9. As your mind's chatter becomes less and less active every second that goes by, your worries and anxieties about your pregnancy are completely gone and a sense of renewed strength is filling your mind and body.

10. Say to yourself: "I am safe and my baby is safe. I am well and my baby is well. I am loved and my baby is very, very loved. As I move further and further into this pregnancy, I feel my power as a woman and as a mother-to-be grow each day stronger and stronger."

11. When you feel ready, open you eyes and gently return to your normal daily activities.

I really like this exercise, and it's a great way to recenter myself when I'm feeling a little off. It's very reminiscent of what we are practicing in yoga too, and I enjoy the calm feeling I have when I'm finished.

I also wanted to share the two vitamin/supplements I've been taking. Both have been okay-ed by my doctor and I highly recommend each one.

The first is Trader Joe's One-a-Day Prenatal Vitamin.


photo from Google Images

I love this pill because it is extremely gentle on my stomach and it easy to swallow. They're vegetarian and totally natural. I can't remember the exact price, but I'm pretty sure they're about $9 for 60 pills. Great deal!

The second pills I take are Country Life's Prenatal Omega Mom.


photo from Google images

These pills include a combination of contaminant-free Omega 3-6-9 from fish and borage oils, GLA for cardiovascular health and vitamin B-12 for additional nutritional support. Additionally, they include both ginger root and peppermint oil which help to ease any stomach discomfort or nausea if you experience it. The pills also support:
  • Healthy Fetal Development
  • Fetal Eye and Brain Development Including Nerve and Neurological Support
  • Bone, Cardiovascular and Immune System Function for the Mother
  • Soothing of the Digestive Tract
Click here to view the product at Hi Health. And to read more about the importance and benefits of fish oil during pregnancy, click here.

As far as food sources for vitamins, I haven't had much of an appetite over the past few months, but I've definitely been eating healthy. I've been doing mainly organic food, with the exception of when we go out to dinner, but that isn't too often. I need to be better about eating vegetables, because even though I think I'm eating enough, I'm eating the bare minimum of what I should be consuming for veggies. They just don't sound appealing to me! Overall though I'm feeling pretty confident in my level of health as far as what I'm consuming.

Our next ultrasound is in about a month and a half and that's the big one where we find out the sex of the baby and check to be sure everything is looking good! I am beyond excited to finally know if Baby H is a girl or boy, and I can't wait to start shopping!

As for now, this sick pregnant gal better get to sleep. I have a weekend with no plans ahead of me, other than getting myself healthy and feeling good. I hope all of you had a great day. Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment