Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tattoo Tuesday V.20

This week I am showcasing a super wonderful lady by the name of Kat! I know Kat through a mutual friend (Natalie) and she is the cutest thing ever, PLUS she's an amazing Mom to the most darling little boy named Oliver. She's a talented makeup artist with lots of pretty tattoos, and I know you'll enjoy her feature! I've also added a few new questions if you haven't noticed- age, occupation, age of first tattoo, and favorite tattoo.



Name and blog name: Kat, http://littleowlette.blogspot.com/

Age: 28

Occupation: make-up artist

Age of first tattoo: 15

Favorite tattoo: lock on my forearm

Featured tattoos/locations: lock on forearm, done by Cory Lenher at Immaculate Tattoo AZ, zombie girl forearm by Cory Lenher at Immaculate Tattoo AZ, butterfly leg by Jesse Tuesday at 222 SF CA , script on my neck by TIMO at Urban Art, AZ.

1) Tell us about the tattoos you are sharing with us- is there a background story or special meaning? Why did you choose these particular pieces of art?

butterfly- it was one of my first tattoos and I got it when I was 16 years old on my first road trip alone. My butterflies embody the concept of spreading or shedding your old self and being free.



zombie girl: a tribute tattoo for a few friends that passed away; the text underneath it says "Bella Morte" which means beautiful death.



lock: a friendship tattoo with my love Natalie. Her key tattoo, which is the partner to the lock, was featured on a past Tattoo Tuesday (click here to view it).



words: the words around my neck which say "two hearts born to run" are song lyrics that both my husband and myself have tattooed on us.



2) Do you have any other tattoos? If so, what do you have and where?

I have sooo many other tattoos- this could take all day! One of the most significant ones that I have is the one that takes up the entire bottom half of my back and it's also a tribute tattoo for my father. It's a sugar skull and flowers with script underneath that says "Vive Per Sempre," which loosely translates to "will live forever." I also have my hands, arms, stomach, legs, feet...

3) Do you plan on getting more?

I do have plans for a few more. I actually hate getting tattooed, haha! I'm not a fan of pain in any way. The next one is a day of the dead bride and groom , and a giraffe for my son Oliver.



4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)? Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them?

My mother took me to get my first one , which I'm no longer a fan of, when I was 15. I was in Hawaii at the time. I believe it was her first one as well, so she feels okay about it.

5) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?

Yes!!! Wait 'til your 30, and know what you want! Good tattoos aren't cheap, and cheap tattoos aren't good! It's on you forever, so spend the money.




ps. I also just have to post a photo of Kat on her wedding day! WHAT a beautiful bride, huh?! Gorgeous.



No comments:

Post a Comment