Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Henry: 3 months

3 months

3 months?! 1/4 of a year? Whoa, Henry. Slow down there. I am in total disbelief that it's been an entire 12 weeks since this little-big baby was in my belly, and I was only daydreaming of what these days would be like. Now that I'm smack dab in the middle of "these days," nothing in my wildest imagination could have prepared me for the amount my heart would grow in such a short time. To be a mother is an indescribable thing. This love I have for my son, the way I want to protect him, guide him, nurture him, it's amazing. I feel like he makes me a better person, and if this is how great it is at just 3 months, I can only imagine how much more this love with grow over our lifetime.

Our darling boy has been growing and growing, and something changes everyday- there's truly always something new. Hank and I were just remarking about how remarkable the speed of growth is. One day he wasn't able to reach up and grasp his toys, and now he is. One day it took a lot to get a smile out of him, now it's all he does. It's truly amazing.

This month Henry:
  • is still breastfeeding. Hoping to go a year. 
  • is a LOT more vocal. He's making some sort of noise all of the time- lots of vowel sounds and squeals.
  • can reach above his head and grasp at the toys hanging from his playmat
  • can hold objects in his hand and will try and move them to his mouth
  • has become a thumb sucker and soothes himself this way. The sucking noise is so loud at night sometimes it makes me laugh.
  • is all smiles, all the time
  • first sort of real laugh (on Super Bowl Sunday while lying on our bed) but only does it once and awhile- I think the real thing is coming soon!
  • loves his Sophie Giraffe. If he's crying all I have to do is squeeze it and he stops what he's doing and smiles and smiles.
  • is liking tummy time more- can hold his head up, but still doesn't push all the way up on his arms- he can do a little mini one though.
  • has a lot more head control 
  • is starting to like sitting in his Bumbo.
  • has been drooling like crazy
  • has been trying to put things in his mouth- the head cushion on his swing, toys, etc.
  • went on his first hike
  • went downtown to the square for the first time
3 months

3 months
3 months

3 months

Our typical day is as follows:

6 or 6:30am- wake up and eats, goes back to sleep for a short while
8am-wakes up for the day
8-8:30 or 9am- lays in bed with mama and cuddles, listens to music
9am- plays on mat in the living while I make myself breakfast, then I go sit next to him on the floor and eat
10am- Henry eats again.
10:30am- nap time, usually sleeps for about 2 hours and during this time I'll blog, eat lunch, etc.
12:30ish- wakes up, we change it up over the next few hours- play on the floor, use the swing, read in the glider, dance around to music, go on a walk
4pm- eats again
4:30ish- takes another nap until about 6 or 6:30
6:30- wakes up, plays, hangs out with his papa
8:30pm- start winding him down for bed, bathtime if needed, quiet playtime
9:00 on the dot- feed him
9:30pm- asleep for the night...and start all over again!

We're really lucky because he's been sleeping through the night for quite awhile now. At first I got a little nervous about not feeding him during that time, but my milk kind of adjusted itself and I've had no problems. He still eats like a champ and feeling rested is definitely something I'm thanking my lucky stars about.  I've heard from a lot of people that he's an "easy baby," and I've also heard that the next one is always the opposite! ha! So we shall see. Not that we are into having another baby any time soon for goodness sakes...don't get any ideas MOM. ;)

So, happy 3 months Henry! You are amazing and we love you so.

3 month collage

No comments:

Post a Comment