Friday, February 18, 2011

What in my diaper bag?


I've done the whole "what's in my bag" post before, and since I now carry a diaper bag most of the time, I figured I'd share a little about what I carry on a day to day basis! It came up the other day on Twitter when I was talking to my mama-to-be friend Kristy, and since I've had this sitting half done in my queued posts forever (and she's about to give birth!) I figured it was a good time to finally share! I'm an organized minimalist, so maybe I carry around less than most people, but I'm not really sure. I go between this bag, and sometimes Hank's Skip Hop diaper bag when we are going to be out and about for awhile, since it zippers which is much more convenient. I do love this bag though just because it's so darn cute and I love that it doesn't exactly look like a diaper bag, while at the same time it's totally functional. The inside of the bag and all of the pockets are easy-clean vinyl which is awesome too. So, here you go!

for my what's in your diaper bag post

clockwise:
  • pacifier wipes. Even though Henry doesn't use one, I still like to have these on hand to wipe off his toys if they fall on the floor in a public place.
  • breast pads. I'm terrified of wearing a cute, light colored dress or top and then being surprised with huge leakage spots. I'd rather be safe than sorry!
  • diaper ointment. Henry has actually only had diaper rash once, when we tried a different brand of diapers, but I keep this in there just in case. This particular one is from my Aunt Ellen, and is "Earth Friendly Baby" brand. 
  • diapers. I always have at least a few. We are currently using Costco brand and love them.
  • prefold cloth diaper for wiping up drool, etc. On top of that is a blue onesie in case H. needs a change of clothing, which could totally happen due to any number of bodily functions. And on the very top is a thin blanket that can be used for a million different purposes.
  • a book. I like to be able to read with him wherever we are if the occasion arises.
  • baby wipes. We got these at our shower (Earth's Best brand) so we've been using them. At home though we use Costco brand and really, really love them. $20 for 900. Awesome.
  • teeny tiny first aid kit for obvious reasons.
  • Sophie Giraffe. Henry isn't teething yet, but it's great to have a toy to keep him busy and distract him in case he starts to cry. He loves this little animal and it always makes him smile.
So, there you have it! I'd also LOVE to see what's in your diaper bag, so mamas, if you want to make a similar post, link back here or email the link to me at sometimessweetblog@gmail.com and I'll include the link in a round up post next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment