Monday, February 7, 2011

Tattoo Tuesday V.56

 
Name and blog name: Dena  at wearethefishers.blogspot.com

Age:
30

Occupation:
Stay at home mom and I have a lovely lil' vintage shop on etsy, www.blueboyvintage.etsy.com. My husband and I have dreams of owning our own vintage shop someday. Right now though we feel like hoarders. ha! 

editor's note: Since she sent this to me, Dena and her hubby opened up a mid-century booth at the Redlands Galleria, and you can check out her blog above for more info, or click here to see photos!
Age of first tattoo: I was 18 and my best friend and I went to a tattoo shop in a bad part of town, and I randomly picked some "beauty" off the wall. It'll be covered soon, thankfully. Luckily it's really small, it could have been so much worse. 

Favorite tattoo:
The portrait of my Grandma

Featured tattoo/location: My left lower arm. 

Artist/shop/location of feature tattoo:  It was done by Aaron Funk at Tattoo Revelation in Redlands, CA. 

1) Tell us about your featured tattoo- is there a background story or special meaning? Why did you choose this particular piece of art? 

Getting my grandma tattooed on me just felt right. She is such a gift in my life and man, was she a babe in her heyday, so when I ran across this picture I knew it was the "one." She thinks it pretty funny that I have her face tattooed on me. 

2) Do you have any other tattoos?  If so, what do you have and where?

My right arm is sleeved and is a work in progress: tikis, tiki torches, a pin up girl, a few palm trees, a volcano, a waterfall, and flowers. My back has flowers, birds and a dragonfly. My ring finger is tattooed with my husband's name. And I have an anchor on my left wrist.
 
3) Do you plan on getting more? 

I'd love too. I'm working on finishing my sleeve and I'd love to have my left arm fully covered eventually. I have so many ideas, but the older I get the harder it is for me to sit through the tattoo. I really am the worst when it comes to getting tattooed. I love them, but I hate getting them.

4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)?  Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them? Do you have a significant other? Does he/she have tattoos?

At first I don't think my family really liked the idea that I was tattooed, but now I don't even think they notice them anymore. They end up becoming a part of who you are. 

It helps that my husband is heavily tattooed and pretty much all my friends are too, so I don't really ever experience anything negative in regards to being tattooed. But I mean there are those times when a couple seniors look at you like a carnie, but I just laugh.


5) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?

My advice would be to find a great artist and pick something you know you'll love. Forget about what other people think about them, they are for you. And when it comes to tattoos, you really do get what you pay for! 


No comments:

Post a Comment